Updated: November 2021
subsidiaries, and connected entities, are referred to as "Company," "we," "us," and its derivatives.
This Policy applies to and governs your use of the silverstonks.io website (the "Website"), and any derivates thereof, including silverstonksstaking.com, and any other products, including those that may be introduced from time to time in the future, including any trial versions thereof (the "Services"). This Policy does not apply to information we collect offline, information you supply to third parties, or information obtained by them (except as otherwise provided below).
Our Services are not intended for minors, and we do not knowingly collect, keep, disclose, or process Personal Information from them. Under most circumstances, a "child" is defined as someone under the age of 16. Please contact us by opening a ticket on our help page if you are the parent or guardian of a minor who has submitted Personal Information.
2. What types of Personal Information does the Company collect
Depending on how you use our Services, we may collect various sorts of information from you, including Personal Information. Information on a recognized or identifiable natural person is referred to as "personal information." Below is a list of the types of Personal Information we may gather. Certain sorts of personal data may fall into more than one of these categories.
- Identifiers. We may collect your first and last names, phone numbers, cryptocurrency wallet addresses, IP addresses, email addresses, display names, social media account information from Facebook and Google, and information about the devices you use to access the Services (e.g., the unique identification numbers associated with your mobile device or through the application programming interface, mobile carrier, device processes, device type, model and manufacturer, mobile device operating system, and information about the devices you use to access the Services).
- Data regarding geolocation.Your geographic location data, such as GPS coordinates (e.g., latitude and/or longitude), city, and country, may be collected.
- Commercial Information.We may collect information about your earning history, withdrawal history, and transaction history if you use the Services. For example, we may collect information about the coupons, deals, merchants, and offers you click on (collectively, "Click-Through Data"), as well as information about your purchases, such as the name, SKU, and number of items purchased, date of purchase, total purchase amount, amount paid for taxes and shipping, and order number, through our Silver Stonks Store, including general information about the visited web page, product searches, product search results, information about products added to cart, confirmation page details, and other product information (collectively, the “Passive Data”)).
- Internet use or a comparable network.We may gather information on how you complete tasks, how you use the internet, timestamps, website activity, Click-Through Data, and Passive Data.
- Categories:We may gather information such as your first and surname names, phone numbers, Facebook and Google social network account information, cryptocurrency wallet addresses, income and withdrawal histories, Click-Through Data, and Passive Data.
- Inferences drawn from other Personal Information.We may use your Personal Information to develop a profile about you that reflects your interests with your prior approval.
- Other classifications.If you use our Services to connect to or interact with third-party platforms (e.g., anything you publish or share on your social media profile, such as "likes"), we may collect information from them.
We may also gather non-personally identifiable information about you that is linked to your account. We may use non-personally identifiable information for any lawfully allowed commercial reason.
3.What sources does the Company use to gather Personal Data?
Directly From You
- When you directly supply us with your Personal Information, we may collect it. For example, we may collect your first name, last name, email address, phone number, and profile image when you create an account to utilize certain Services.
- We may gather this information if you submit a photo to verify your identity.
- We may gather information when you use our Services and publish to or share on social media.
- We may keep records and copies of your correspondence when you contact us or report a problem with the Services.
Automatically From You
As you use our Services, we may gather your Personal Information automatically. For example, while you surf our Website or use our apps, your IP address, website activity, timestamps, geographical location, and Passive Data are all collected. Please read Section 4 below for additional information on our use of automated tracking technologies and the options we provide you with regard to them.
From Third Parties
We may obtain Personal Information from or through our service providers in order to offer or enable your access to the Services, promote the Services, or enhance them. For example, we may acquire your Personal Information (such as your IP address, Device Information, geographical location data, website activity, and Facebook or Google account information) from one of the following sources:
- Brand partners;
- Attribution tracking partners;
- Affiliate advertising partners; and
- Data analytics providers.
We may also get your Personal Information through social media (for example, when a user's social media profile contains your Personal Information).
When we utilize Personal Information submitted to us by third parties, we follow this Policy. We do not, however, have control over the Personal Information that third parties acquire or how they use it. You should read the privacy policies of the third parties for further information on how they collect, use, and share the information they gather and use, including the information they may reveal to us if you use their service credentials to log into our Services.
4.What is the Company's policy on cookies and other forms of automated data collection?
We may use automated data collecting technologies, such as cookies, to gather some Personal Information as well as information about your browsing activity and use habits when you use the Services. Cookies are little data file identifiers that we and our service providers transmit to your computer or mobile web browser to allow us and our service providers to identify your browser or mobile device and transfer information about you and your usage of our Services. Cookies are used for a variety of reasons, including authentication and recording user preferences or web sites viewed while using our Services.
For instance, if you begin a shopping experience, we may utilize
As you use the Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies, in particular, cookies, to collect certain Personal Information and information about browsing actions and usage patterns. Cookies are small data file identifiers that are transferred to your computer or mobile web browser that allow us and our service providers to recognize your browser or mobile device and transfer information about you and your use of our Services. Cookies are used for a variety of reasons, including authentication and recording user preferences or web sites viewed while using our Services. For example, we may utilize a cookie to monitor your shopping experience and credit your account with rewards.
Third Party Cookies
Choices about Cookies
Opting Out on Mobile Devices
In the event that Silver Stonks provides applications for a mobile device, you can opt out of sharing your mobile advertiser ID by restricting ad tracking on your mobile device by (a) removing our app; (b) modifying the app's in-app settings; or (c) deleting our app. To limit ad tracking on iOS, go to Settings > Privacy > Advertising > Enable the "Limit Ad Tracking" setting. Open your Google Settings app on Android and go to Ads > Enable the "Opt out of interest-based advertising" setting. Visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/mobile-choices for additional information on particular opt-out options. http://www.networkadvertising.org/mobile-choices.
5.5. What is the objective of the Company's collection of personal information?
- To offer or enhance the Services - We may use your Personal Information to respond to your requests for access to the Services and specific features, as well as to provide and improve our Services in general. For example, we may evaluate your use of the Services to create a more personalized customer experience or to identify any problems so that we may provide better Services to you.
- To advertise the Services - Your Personal Information may be used to offer our Services to you. For example, we may send you newsletters, prizes, discounts, promotion codes, events, and general information about the Services with your prior approval; or
- We may construct a profile of your interests with your consent and provide advertising, material, or features that fit your profile.
- To run the Services — In order to administer the Services, we may use your Personal Information for any authorized business reason. For example, if you contact us with a customer care question, we may respond to you using your Personal Information. Another example is that we may utilize your Personal Information to protect your account and prevent fraud and misuse of our Services.
- In the event of a sale or other transfer of our company – In the event that all or some of our assets are sold, assigned, transferred to, or acquired by another company as a result of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy, or other similar event, your Personal Information may be one of the transferred assets.
- As stated to you at the time of collection of your Personal Information.
- You voluntarily provide it to us with your specific and informed consent (for example, by signing up for our newsletters or when creating a profile of your interests so that we can serve adverts, material, or features that are relevant to your profile);
- It is essential to provide you with a requested Service (for example, giving you access to one of our applications);
- We have a legitimate business interest that is not exceeded by your privacy rights (for example, to provide customer service, or to detect fraud, illegal activity, or other activities that may violate our rights or a right of a third party).
- It is essential to safeguard your vital interests, as well as the vital interests of others (for example, we may collect or share Personal Information where necessary to resolve an urgent medical situation or protect the health or safety of one of our users or someone else).
6. Does the Company share your personal information with anyone?
Third Party Service Providers
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information pertaining to users of our Services is among the assets transferred;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization
- To comply with any court order, legislation, or legal process, such as responding to a government or regulatory request;
- To enforce any contract we may have with you; and
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of you or another person.
7. What security measures are in place to secure my personal information?
Our Retention, Purpose Limitation, and Security Policies
We use a combination of collection, security, and retention practices to keep your Personal Information safe.
- Retention is limited. We only maintain your Personal Information for as long as it is required for business and operational purposes or to meet any legislative, regulatory, or legal responsibilities.
- Retention is limited. We will only use your Personal Information for the Services that you want to use and for the purposes that you choose to share it for. Your requests to start or stop processing your Personal Information for marketing purposes, as well as the sorts of marketing communications you want to receive, will be respected.
- Security measures. We employ contractual, technological, administrative, and physical security measures designed to safeguard Personal Information against unauthorized access, disclosure, use, and alteration, including limiting access to Personal Information to those with a need-to-know basis. We monitor these security protocols on an ongoing basis as part of our privacy compliance processes, taking into account new technology and approaches as needed. Please keep in mind, however, that the security precautions outlined in this Policy do not ensure the protection of your Personal Information.
- In the case of a security breach, we shall notify the appropriate regulatory authorities and any affected users within 72 hours of becoming aware of the incident.
Your Practices and Activities
For the protection of your own Personal Information, your practices and activities are also critical. You may help secure your Personal Information by being cautious about what you publish in public areas, for example. Consider the following scenario:
- When choosing a username, avoid using your own name.
- Do not use your actual name or reveal any personal information in public-facing portions of the Services.
Keep in mind that we have no control over what third parties do with the content of such messages, and we bear no responsibility or liability for them.
8.How does the Company handle Personal Information that is transferred outside of the European Union?
Place of Business
We may store or handle your Personal Information in countries other than the one where we collect it or where you live. You should be aware that we may transfer any or all of your Personal Information to our centers of operation to meet certain operational and processing requirements as outlined in this Policy.
We use technical, organizational, and physical protections to secure your Personal Information when it is transferred outside of the EU. We employ standard contractual provisions recognized by the European Commission, as well as other legal requirements. If you have any queries about the applicable transfer method for your Personal Information, please contact us.
9. What rights do you have in relation to your personal data?
Right to Access, Correct, Delete, or Restrict Processing
Subject to any limitations and exceptions under applicable law, you have the right to request access to your Personal Information and exercise a number of rights:
- Right to Access, Correct, Delete, or Restrict Processing: You have the right to request access to your Personal Information and to exercise a number of rights, subject to any limits and exceptions imposed by applicable law.
- You have the right to have your Personal Information deleted. If you request that your Personal Information be deleted from our Services, we will do so within 30 days of account verification, subject to extensions, and will only keep minimal Personal Information to document your request and the activities we took to carry it out. Please send a ticket with the heading "Remove Data" on our contact form.
- You have the right to have some types of processing of your Personal Information restricted, as well as the right to object to certain types of processing.
- You have the right to refuse the use of your personal data for marketing or advertising purposes. For example, you can revoke your consent to direct marketing by filing a ticket with the heading "Revoke Consent" on our contact form.
on our contact form.
Your requests will be fulfilled in line with and according to relevant legislation. The Company, for example, is not obligated to erase your Personal Information if it has a compelling legitimate reason to keep it, such as to prevent fraud. Please keep in mind that we are legally
barred from doing
requested activities in some circumstances, such as (1) when we are unable to establish your identity; (2) when the request is deemed excessive; and (3) when doing so would jeopardize the rights or freedoms of others.
Right to Access, Correct, Delete, or Restrict Processing
If you would want to exercise any of the rights listed above or if you have any concerns about your rights, please contact us using the details provided in Section 12 of this Policy.
Right to File a Complaint
You have the right to file a complaint with a data protection supervisory body in the country where you live or work over our acquisition, storage, or processing of your Personal Information.
10. How will the Company notify users of policy changes?
The Company has the right, in accordance with current legislation, to amend this Policy at any time. If we make changes to this Policy, we'll let you know by changing the date at the top of the page, and in certain situations, we'll give you further notice (such as adding a statement to the homepages of our Services or sending you an email notification).
11. What is the best way to get in touch with the company?
You can send a message through our contact form if you have any questions.